To drive comprehensive policy and systems change, Cities of Opportunity builds local leaders’ capacity in key Levers for Action through the lens of Equity and Race:
- Civic Engagement to develop and repair trust with communities and with residents at the table to shape decisions that affect their lives.
- Data to identify priority populations to focus on, to understand sources of inequities and to measure progress and achieve equitable outcomes.
- Financing to ensure equity and inclusion in how a municipality deploys its funding.
- Cross-Government and Multi-Sector Partnerships to strengthen collaboration across local government, with state and federal governments, and with businesses, community-based organizations, and other local stakeholders.
- Durability and Sustainability of programming efforts with intentional and rigorous application of equity principles as cities develop and implement strategies for change.
Levers for Action